Annual Renewal of Scholarship
Since the scholarship award is based on our calculated unmet financial need, the award size may vary from term to term. In addition to reviewing documents, NJAE will take into consideration the student’s level of responsiveness to requests . Notwithstanding the foregoing, NJAE reserves the right not to renew any scholarship if NJAE has insufficient funds to support such renewal.
Prior to awarding a renewal scholarship in the sophomore, junior, and senior year, the student must:
- Provide an official (school seal) copy of your college transcript for the most recently completed academic year.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 in your freshman year, 2.85 in your sophomore year, and 3.0 in your junior year and a suggested 3.25( at a minimum) upon completion of your senior year.
- Provide a copy of your financial aid award letter to confirm receipt of a Federal Pell Grant award and other sources of financial aid.
- Provide copies of all other award letters for scholarships or special programs, which are not reflected in your college financial aid award letter.
- Demonstrate an unmet financial need of more than $3,000. ( $1,500/term)
- Provide one of the following:
- 1) a letter from your employer confirming a summer job or internship position,
- 2) a copy of your summer school registration form confirming summer school attendance, or
- 3) a letter from a non-profit organization confirming summer volunteer service. All letters must be on the letterhead of the relevant organization.
- If you attend summer school you will may wait until completion of summer classes to provide an official summer school transcript.
- Sign and date the release form authorizing NJAE to contact your college/university to discuss any information needed.